Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Runaway

Trixie: Well, I got out into the wide open spaces today. Crazy Lady was in the backyard planting flowers and D.C. was helping. Big Boy put in an appearance and wanted me to come outside with them. C.L. insisted that he be responsible for keeping tabs on me and also for getting me back in the house when it was time to go in. Sure, no problemo!!! First, I explored the flower beds, then the grass and, when that got too tame, I went to the woods and tried to get through a hole in the fence. I found myself in the next-door-neighbors' yard and was about to do some major exploring when B.B. came and got me. Back in my own yard, I decided that I needed to go into the front yard, so off I trot around the corner of the house with B.B. following behind. He finally got me and brought me back to the backyard and, wonder of wonders, he put me down and let me go. C.L. said that he'd never get me back, but he was sure that he would. So, I prance off again in the direction of the front yard. B.B. followed once again to bring me back. Now, you have to know that we're having unusually hot weather right now. It is Africa hot and so muggy that it's hard to breathe. Well, after I had circled the house, I came back into the backyard from the other side of the house. I went into the courtyard and threw myself against the storm door like a dying cat. I was so hot I couldn't stand it anymore. I was hollering and slamming against the door. . . .Please let me in!!!!! So, Crazy Lady let me in and I dropped down on the breakfast room tiles and died for a while. By the time B.B. came back around and said that he couldn't find me anywhere, C.L. and D.C. were laughing and telling him all about my act. I didn't think it was so funny to make fun of a burning up kitteh, but they have strange ideas about what's funny!!

No comments: