Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tom's Going To His Office





Thomas: The first thing I do every morning as soon as I'm let out is head down the driveway, cross the street (look both ways first) and go down Mr. and Mrs. P's driveway across the street.
My family could not figure what the great attraction was over there, but I continued to go just like clockwork!!
Finally, one day DC was out at the mailbox at the same time as Mr. P. and so he asked what was over there that kept me going back. Mr. P. said that there is a bird feeder and that 2 or 3 cats hung around hoping to get a bird. "But," he said, "don't worry - Tom has never caught anything and probably won't."
Well, DC came home somewhat affronted and when Crazy Lady asked him why, his response was, "Mr. P. just dissed my cat!!!" He mentioned it several times over the next few days and seemed to be stewing about the fact that a neighbor had a low opinion of my hunting abilibies.
About a week later, I came home one afternoon and stood at the door with a bird in my mouth. When DC opened the door to let me in, he immediately made me drop the bird and it promptly flew away. I hadn't hurt the bird, I was just bringing it home to show DC and, hopefully, raise his spirits some.
Then DC started looking out the front window a lot and I wasn't sure what was on his mind, but I found out several days later when he looked out the window and said, "Mr. P. is out in his yard. I think I'll go talk a minute." He went straight across the street and told Mr. P. all about me coming home with the bird. At last, DC's cat was saved from a life of shame and being dissed by the neighbors!!!

No comments: