Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trixie's Real Name


Trixie: Well, two years ago this month, when Crazy Lady found me in a parking lot down South of Atlanta in a sorta rough neighborhood, she had been reading a Faith Paige Victorian mystery which featured Beatrix Potter.
So, she scooped me up, took me by her V.E.T. before taking me home to Thomas and Phoebe and announced that my name was Beatrix. They wrote in my file that my name was Beatrix. About 5 minutes after reaching my furr-ever home, Crazy Lady, D.C. and The Big Boy (who came home after college and won't go away!) decided that I was definitely more of a Trixie and that's all I've been called since then.
However, whenever I go to the V.E.T., they always call me Beatrix and that confuses me.
Maybe we should just tell them that I'm not a very Beatrix kind of cat!!!!

6 comments:

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Beatrix is a lovely name, but you definitely look more like a Trixie.

I wish I could use an alias at the vet. Then I wouldn't have to worry about tarnishing my good name when I express my displeasure about Mr. Needle and Mr. Thermometer.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This could work to your advantage... You can pretend they're talking about some other kitty and just go home!

Daisy said...

Well, I think Beatrix is a wonderful name, but Trixie does suit you better.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Beatrix is a lovely name, but Trixie was the name of the heroine in one of Mommy's favourite books when she was little.

Here is the link to the web site if you are interested. Mommy thinks her real name might have been Beatrix too.
http://www.trixie-belden.com/

~S, S & C

Mickey's Musings said...

Just tell the Vet Beatrix is your middle name.
Besides a cat can change her name if she wants!!
Either way,you are cute ;)
Purrs Mickey

Teddy Westlife said...

I think you definitely look like more of a Trixie. And besides, that's a fun name!

Huffle Mawson